Sunday, June 29, 2008

Goodbye June!

I can't believe June will be over in a couple days. This month sure has flown by! The kids are loving summer. They stay up late, sleep in til 8:30ish, and enjoy doing the fun things kids do. What a carefree life!

We went boating a couple more times this week. Sophie still has been wearing her swim suit around every day. I'm surprised she didn't throw a big fit today when I took her suit off and put a dress on her. I think she didn't mind too much because she really enjoys going to nursery. She carried her suit around until it was time to leave for church though.

I've been taking the kids to tutoring twice a week in Eagle Mountain. They each go once a week. I go on walks with my longtime friend, Kara, from IF. (she lives in Eagle Mountain now) Depending on whose day it is to go to tutoring the other one rides their scooter alongside us. Sophie and Kara's little girl, Anna, take turns saying "mine" to each other for the first 5-10 minutes. It's so funny! Kara watched our kids while we went on our cruise earlier this year and I watched Anna for a few days while they went to Mexico. Even though we don't live far from each other we haven't spent this much time visiting for a long time. I've loved the workouts and catching up with my friend.

I've tried to be more structured with the kids this summer and it's helped things not be so crazy. Before they can go out and play, they have to have their rooms clean and then choose two jobs out of the job jar. Once and awhile they will choose out a free job and they think that is exciting! From 12:30 to 2:00 we have quite time. That's when they come in for lunch and then they each get a couple math worksheets to do in their rooms and I read with each of them for 20 minutes. Sophie takes a nap during this time too. It's been so hot outside that they don't mind coming in and resting for awhile. Thanks to my friend, Carrie, that I visit teach for the great idea.

0 comments: