Sunday, March 23, 2008

Flashback to the 80's

Last night our ward activities committee put on MORP from the 80's. I was in 7th grade when the 80's ended. I had no trouble remembering the 80's though. The stirrup pants, pegged pants, silk shirts, WHAM (my favorite singing group), the claw bangs with big hair, silk shirts, high top shoes, short- shorts on guys, legwarmers, side pony tails. We had a great time last night. The kids couldn't stop starring at me as we were leaving. There was great 80's music, a slide show of old dance pictures, karaoke, (Jimmy and I won the trophy for couples Karaoke, we sang, Summer Nights from Grease), and a dance off. It was fun remembering the old dance moves- the Roger Rabbit, Running Man, Moon Walk, I did some dance moves from Girls Just Want to Have Fun. When we got home, I was still in a dancing move so I turned on some Footloose and showed the kids some of my moves. They were so shocked- they had no idea their Mom had such impressive moves. They both wanted to learn. So we are going to start doing more dancing around the house. It's lots of fun! (plus a great workout) It makes me feel like I'm back in Jr. High again!

Here are some of the fun pictures from the night!




2 comments:

Sheree said...

That sounds like a fun ward party! If I could ever get Jared to do Karaoke--he refuses. I'll gladly make a fool of myself though.

Stephanie A Fisher said...

Didn't we have so much fun! Our pictures rock and I'll never live down my high waist pants, 3 or 4 people commented on them at church last Sunday, What!?! Your bangs were so high, I loved it!