Friday, April 11, 2008

An Extra Member of the Family and Toliet Paper Snack

This week we have been watching my friend, Kara's, little girl, Anna. She is a year younger than Sophie but about the same size. Sophie wasn't sure how she liked someone else calling her mommy, mommy or having me hold her. The first day she pushed her over a couple times- poor Anna. They also had some fun moments too. Anna is still a very good shopper- she doesn't try and crawl out of the cart like Sophie does. We had a good time watching her but I think Sophie is ready to have me all to herself again.


Sophie decided she liked something new this week. On Wed. I went shopping and when I came home Jimmy told me Sophie had gone into the bathroom and was dipping toilet paper in the toilet and then sucking the water out. She would then re-wet it and suck some more. After she did that a few times she would put the toilet paper in her mouth and chew it. While Jimmy was telling me this he was getting huge goose bumps. Side note- Jimmy gets the willies when someone chews on a napkin or paper. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard for him. So Sophie sucking on toilet paper was hair raising. Needless to say, that's one of the reasons I went shopping with both Anna and Sophie. I got some child locks to put on the toilets. Since then, we've had no other instances of the toilet paper drink and snack.

4 comments:

Camile said...

Your "Wedding Bells" post is way cute. I should just give you my password to my blog and my pictures and you can do my layouts for me!! Sophie is such a cutie-pie. Wouldn't it be fun if she could grow up with Carly and Ellie near by! Love you, Camile

Ryan and Ashley said...

That is really funny about Sophie eating the toilet paper. You dont need a ticket to my graduation, you guys can come if you want. Yes, Ryan is flying in on Thursday I am very excited to see him.

Lacey said...

kmmYou've had your hands full. I love the picture of Sophie on the toilet with toliet paper. Too Cute!

Sheree said...

That is just sick! I just don't get why kids love toilets so much. My kids love to take that little cup that covers the screws and drink out of it. It makes me want to throw up.

Ah well, it is amazing sometimes what their little brains think up.