Sunday, May 4, 2008

Welcome May!

Well, May greeted us with snow a few days ago. Thankfully, if has warmed up a bit since then. We are looking forward to when the nice weather will be here to stay. Does that ever really happen though?


Last weekend, Kali, Sophie, and I hitched a ride with Steph to Idaho for the weekend. Our family friend, Brant, got baptised last Sunday so we wanted to be there for it. We also got some more things done for the wedding. It was fun seeing my parents and I got to hear my dad give a great talk for the adult session of regional confrence in Rexburg. (Dad, you still need to email that talk to me) My girls, sat through a lot of meetings. Kali did great but Sophie isn't used to being still for so long. We had the adult session of regional confrence, regional confrence and then the baptism all in a 24 hour period. I learned that bringing Nemo fruit snacks to church is not a good idea. Sophie gets so excited to see the Nemo pictures that she shouts Nemo over and over again. Sophie enjoyed playing with Kali while we were there and Kali enjoyed helping Nanny Nette make butter cream mints. Steph and I enjoyed helping her eat them.


Yesterday, Kali and some of the boys in the neighborhood caught a lizard. They named the lizard Taylor Morgan Fisher. Kali and our neighbor, Kyler, enjoyed playing with him the most. They went in the field behind our house and made a little house and yard for him. He even had a train. At the end of the day they let him loose because they didn't know what it feed him.


Conner and our neighbor, Mason, got some extra pipes and put together a fort. I am so grateful we have such wonderful neighbors. Kali and Conner also got to go over to the neighbors last night and roast some marshmellow and have smores. It sure has been fun living here the last year and a half. We were some of the first ones in our neighborhood so we have enjoyed meeting the new neighbors as they move in. (notice the fence- we are doing one side now, it won't do much to keep Sophie in but at least we don't have as much later. Why do fences have to be so expensive??)

This is a picture of Sophie coloring in Jimmy's office while he's working. She loves to draw. She switches hands while she colors depending on what part of the paper she wants to color on. So we don't know if she is a leftie or a righty. She does the same thing with eating too. (notice Kitty is never far from where Sophie is)

5 comments:

Lacey said...

We haven't been to Idaho since November. It's always so nice to get out of town. Do you have the book "Running with Angels" for book club? If you do, can I borrow it. I think Sophie would love the Discovery. We will have to go again soon

Taylor said...

How cute! I bet you had a great time out of town with your two girls!! Sounds like such fun! - Aimee

Richard, Angi and Fam said...

All your pictures are so cute! That was so fun getting all caught up on your blog. You guys have the cutest kids!!! Your sisters trip sounded like so much fun, those are the best!!! I will tell Kali that she will love that you named her after her, that is such a compliment!! I have to say we were laughing so hard about the poop story and yes that looked just like a piece of poo!! I loved that, so funny!!

Camile said...

I love the picture of Sophie drawing! I love the concentration that they put into everything they do! It was fun to have an update on what you guys are doing! Well,...I'll see you in a couple weeks - Yipee!!!

Lacey said...

I have a list of things I want to do this summer...so you'll have to hit some of the spots with me. I'll be out of town for a week, but when I get back we should go to the aquarium in Sandy. Are we getting close to another Enrichment???