Sunday, March 11, 2012

Seconds Anyone??

It's been a couple months since I've written anything. Camile called me today and told me she updated her blog and I should check it out. For a minutes I thought she was announcing she was pregnant with #4. But nope, her girls Carly and Ellie got their ears pierced. But I decided from her example to be better about blogging.


So today, my niece Ashley texted us and asked if she could come over with one of her roommates. She goes to BYU and we always love to have her around.

I wasn't planning on anything great for dinner and by the time I found out she would be coming, I had already started a small dinner in the crock pot (not enough for two extra mouths). I was making some chinese honey chicken without frying the chicken first, this was an experimental meal. (one that I would not usually feed to guests) Well, I added some left over chicken from a rotiserie chicken and since the chicken didn't look the same, I decided to shred it. I saw an idea on Pintrest to put the chicken in the kitchen aid blender and it shreds the chicken. I've done it before and it worked great. For some reason though this time it didn't look the same, it was really shredded, like canned chicken and it smelled like it too.

Anyway, I didn't have time to do anything else so I threw it back in the crock pot, hoping it would taste okay when it was hot.

Well, it didn't. It smelled like dog food (and kind of looked like it too). The wild rice was kind of mushy. I decided to not say anything though because maybe I was just being too hard on it. Ashley's friend took a big scoop of it and I wanted to say you don't have to eat all that but I figured it would be better to just act like everything was fine. If I said it wasn't good and sorry, what if they then felt like they had to say how good it was and take seconds to prove it. They both finished their plates off but no one asked for more.

When I had a private second with Jimmy, I asked him what he thought of it when we were cleaning up and he just whimpered, "errrrrr".

I have a ton left, maybe I should see if Rosie will eat it. I will need to invite them over again soon to redeem myself. Yikes! It was BAD!!!

1 comments:

Aaron and Camile said...

ha ha!!! So funny Ang!! I made some experimental meals while Franci and Josh visited us last time - no one asked for seconds then either!

I liked Jimmy's response "errr" - I can picture him doing that! :)

Keep up the blogging! Love ya, Camile