Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ho, ho, ho!

Yesterday we had someone come from our alarm company to fix a sensor connection. When I answered the door, it wasn't one of the young guys that I am used to seeing work for them. It was an older man, I would guess he was in his 60's. I didn't think much of it and he came in and got to work. A few minutes later Sophie came and found me and she said, "Santa at our house, Mommy." The next time I saw him, I looked a little closer. He had a white beard that came down to his collar bone, a red shirt, tucked into black pants, and a round belly. Yep, he looked like Santa. Sophie was so excited she kept on repeating, over and over again that Santa was at her house. The man over heard her and let out a little, "ho, ho, ho!" What a good sport! Then she asked me where the presents were. So now I don't feel as bad for not taking Sophie to the mall this Christmas and letting her sit on Santa's lap- she got a home visit instead. How cool would that be? (this was great for our true or false story game at the dinner table last night)

8 comments:

Kar said...

What a cute story! I love that! And that guy was really nice to cooperate.

Ryan and Ashley said...

Thats a funny story!

anjie said...

I love that! How funny.

Once we saw Jesus in Disneyland. He was riding the teacups.

Sheree said...

I love that age, how lucky to have a visit from Santa. I was wondering what he did in the off-season.

Nicole said...

Oh, that's so cute! And how fun that he played along!

Camile said...

Lucky Sophie! So, did he leave anything for her? That's cute that he played along.

Lacey said...

That is such a funny story! How are you feeling??

Kimberly Davis said...

great story...I LOVE your new baby counter...it makes it so fun!