Sunday, February 1, 2009

True or False

Dinner is such an important part of our day. I love to all sit down as a family and hear about each others days. On days that it doesn't end up working out for us to all be together at dinner time I really miss it. Sometimes growing up at the dinner table and now every night in my little family we play a game called true or false. Every person takes a turn telling something (or making something up) that happened to them that day. Then we all say if we think it's true or false. It's fun to hear what the kids come up with and we hear some fun stories this way. It seems like when I ask my kids to tell me about their day they can't think of much to say so this has been a good way to get them to talk to us. I also have fun telling them things that happen to me and Sophie during the day when they are all gone. I find myself thinking during the day that I'll need to remember this to tell everyone tonight. So if you want to try something new at dinner tonight- try playing True or False!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

what a fun idea! i'll have to try this with our kids. i think they'll like it. :)

Nicole said...

Hey! Cute idea! I love ideas like that. When I was growing up, our dinner table was pretty quiet for the most part....but i guess with 11 kids it's all about crowd control...but I DO want my kids to talk...to tell me about their day, so this is great!!

And when my "sweet four year old" was three? She could throw tantrums with the best of them. She is stubborn as all get out. I seriously think whoever called them the "terrible twos" hadn't had a three year old yet!

(and my word verification word is "binge". NIce. Probably because I polished off a carton of Ben and Jerry's by myself last night. Love fast Sunday)

Kimberly Davis said...

great idea...I can't evan imagine what my kids are going to come up with!

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

That is a great idea! We will have to try it.

Sharlynn said...

That is a cute fun idea. We will have to try that. I don't know how to get my kids telling me about their days either and you got to start them young right?

Kar said...

What a good idea!! And hey, Nicole, I also polished off a Ben and Jerry's by myself last night. Not good for the Biggest Loser contest my family is having right now...

Charlotte said...

What a cute idea! I am so glad you commented on my blog! And we were to busy trying to quiet our own noisy children today to be distracted by yours. It is so hard to sit in sacrament meeting with no husband!