Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Cooking Group and Don't Blink

Last night, I had Cooking Group (an Enrichment Activity) at my house. I felt like I was Rachel Ray doing one of her 30 Minute Meals cooking show. I did appetizers because I thought that would be fun with the Super Bowl coming up and all the parties that get thrown. The Savory Cheese bread was the stand out winner for the night.

My younger sister, Steph, came & so did my sister-in-law, Gina. After everyone left we sat and chatted for awhile by the fire. (for some reason we were all cold). We talked about the challenges of raising teenagers (Gina has two now). We discussed how strict is too strict, testimonies of the Prophet and so on. We also got on a little tangent about Gina's parents. Gina's dad is 70 and looks like he is 50. Gina said how he loves life and wakes up excited to start every new day. What a great way to stay young and happy. She told us about the Kenny Chesney song Don't Blink so I have it on my blog now. I've heard it before but never listened to the words. Great song! I need to not blink so often. Time passes so quickly and I find myself looking forward to things in the future and forgetting to enjoy the moments now. We also talked about meeting my two other sisters that live in Northern Idaho in Boise and having a girls weekend sometime in March. How does that sound, Camile? Anyway, it was a great night. I have fantastic neighbors and am so glad Steph and Gina live close enough to drop by. We need to have more of those moments talking about life.
Here are the recipes from cooking group. The sweet recipes I got from Gina, the Shrimp Dip is from Jimmy's Mom (we have it at Thanksgiving and Christmas as an appetizer) and I first tried the Cheese bread at my Mom's. (you only need about half the cheese the recipe calls for)




5 comments:

Camile said...

I wish, I wish, I WISH I could have been there!!! I can't wait for you guys to come so I can stay up late and talk about life with you guys. Is Gina going to be able to come too? That would be awesome if Ashley could also! Whenever you want to come is fine with me. March is great because we have our Spring Break from the 8th - 16th. I bet your cooking class was great. Love you! Camile

Camile said...

I just reread your post and realized that you said Boise. But, I think that would be fine too! I took a bus there last year for April's bridal shower and I actually enjoyed it. I hope Jen would be able to do that. We'll have to talk and figure out details soon so we can all get it arranged!
Camile

Lacey said...

Ang- I wanted to come so bad, but I'm in Southern Utah at my parents house!! Thanks for the recipes though! I'm glad you had a great time though. So are we invited over for the super bowel and I can have my own private Angela Atkins 30 minute cooking class??

Brooke S said...

Angela,
I can't wait to try the new recipes. You are so much more advanced in the digi world. I have a lot of free paper ect downloads but I have only done a digi page or two about a year and a half ago. I will have to have a lesson or two. I enjoyed your pages. Your Family is so cute your oldest I would say lookes more than 50% like you he has your eyes for sure. So Cute..
Best wishes,
Brooke

Sheree said...

Your scrapbook pages are all SO cute! I love them. I also am very impressed with your culinary skills--you are such a great mom, wife all that stuff!