Sunday, January 6, 2008

I love to see the Temple & I've been tagged!



On our way home from Oregon this week, we stopped in Idaho to go to the Rexburg LDS Temple open house. We left Sophie with Nanny Nette (my mom) and headed to Rexburg. Conner and Kali were very excited and couldn't wait all day to get to go inside a temple. When we were a few minutes outside of Rexburg we spotted the temple on the hill. It was breathtakingly beautiful!! We started singing I Love to See the Temple and then Families Can Be Together Forever. I remember going through the Bountiful and Mount Timpinogus Temple as a teenager and what a special feeling it is to go inside the house of the Lord. I was so excited to be able to take Conner and Kali there and let them feel the special Spirit themselves. Inside it was beautiful! My sister's father-in-law painted two rooms with murals and what a terrific job he did. Wow! We had a special moment in the sealing room where we got to show Conner and Kali the mirrors reflections that go on forever, just like our eternal family. I'm so thankful we have so many temples so close and I look forward to taking the kids to the two Utah Temple open houses soon.

Sheree tagged me a month ago and I am just now getting around to it. Here are 5 things most people don't know about me. 1. I was baptized in the Persian Gulf in Saudi Arabia when I was 8. My dad worked for an oil company, Aramco, from when I was 4 to 10 years old. My two younger sisters, Camile and Stephanie were born in Saudi Arabia. I have great memories from living there and it has made me appreciate more the freedom of religion we experience here in the U.S. 2. I BMX bike raced when I was younger and did rather well at it too. 3. Most of my toes are missing the lower joint. I know- weird! When I was younger, I would never wear open toe shoes because I was embarrassed. I also dropped a cinder block on one of my toes and that just added to the weirdness. One of my toenails looks like a little baby tooth. 4. I have a famous relative! My great, great, great (10 generations) grandmother is Hannah Dustin. She is the first American woman to have a statue erected in her honor. Here's a link to her website to read the amazing story of her bravery www.hannahdustin.com. 5. I can write backwards. I used to practice when I was younger. I am still pretty good at it. I tag Camile, Mom & Dad and Lacey!

3 comments:

Camile said...

I bet it was such a neat experience to go to the temple with Conner and Kali! It will probably take me awhile to come up with 5 things about myself.

Lacey said...

Wow! What a beautiful picture. We saw it being built when we went for Linda's graduation back in May. I really wanted to go, but I couldn't imagine getting back into the car. Hopefully I will get tickets to the Day Break temple. BTW Very Cute Header!

Sheree said...

Wow, BMX racing, that is awesome! I didn't know any of those things except that you lived in Saudi Arabia, very cool!