Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Cruisin' Alaska

In July, I went on a cruise with some of my family. My grandpa worked on a tugboat when my dad was little in Alaska. So my cousin, Lisa, organized a cruise for everyone who could participate to spend time with my grandpa seeing that part of the country. I roomed with Steph, my younger Sis. Here are some of the highlights I want to remember along with some pictures.



-two stepping with my Grandpa at 50's & 60's night, he is in his 80's but that doesn't slow him down. He is such a wonderful man- I love him for how well her took care of my grandma before she died (for many years). I can see how she fell for him all those years ago- I had a little flash of the young man he was when he swept her off her feet on the dance floor all those years ago. He told me they danced so well together they had their own steps and it was hard to dance with anyone else after her.



-the billy-bob teeth that Steph & I both brought (without consulting about it even). We made quite a few people smile.



-Dancing with Steph at the dance class- I was the man. We learned the swing- different swinging than I did at Ricks but still fun. My parents we so cute- dancing like they were love sick teenagers.



-Any Man of Mine by Shannia Twain (Karaokee with Steph) We don't remember anything about My Boyfriend's Back!



-The last day at sea sharing memories about Grandma & Grandpa and Grandpa telling us "If what I did was a sacrifice all those years ago, it was all worth it"



-Photo shoots with Steph- Arnold, the Mummy, the round window sill



-working out while watching the Ocean and the Alaskan scenery



-dinner every night at 6 and all the yummy food (great company too- I sat with Ken (my bro) and Gina & their kids, my parents & Steph- Grandpa sat with us one night too)



-the great detoxifying massage (good thing you got some of those knots worked on Steph- that many toxins are harmful, I could sell you a bottle of seaweed something for $100 to help)



-praying so hard that Brigham (my 9 year old nephew) would be found safe, our prayers were answered



-Emma (7 year old niece) having a girls night with Steph & I in our room, we got tons of room service! So fun!!



-The lumberjack show (one of the lumber jacks tried to take Steph home with him after our picture with them, can't blame him though! She's a catch!



-hanging out with my cousin Lisa (we're a month apart)



-getting to know my cousin Mark better



-late night Mexican buffet with Mom & Steph



-Another midnight buffet (Gala)- fancy one though



-lots of sugar free desserts that were very tasty!!



-hot tubbing with Steph, Grandpa, Mom, Blake, Brandon & Emma in the not so hot hot tub



-egg white veggie omelet & fresh fruit for breakfast everyday (at least I started the days off right- a workout and then a healthy breakfast. It always went downhill from there)



-the friendly staff that went the extra mile (I was away from Jimmy and the kids for 8 days and so excited to see them, these workers go months without seeing their families. So sad!!)



-Dad & his Multan chocolate cake every night and finishing off what others couldn't



-towel animals



-the pass along pillow on the airplane



-knowing my kids were doing great with their daddy!



-my great sister Camile for watching the kids one day and my neighbors that helped out when Jimmy went out on appointments

Here are some pictures of our adventure- let me know if this is too much of a pain to view them this way. It's a lot faster than the blogger upload

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=27640&l=dd07a&id=691978396

1 comments:

Kar said...

Wow, good for you for eating so healthily! I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to have that much self-control!!