Monday, August 4, 2008

We had a special day!

On Saturday, Kali was baptised by her dad. We had lots of family that came to show their love and support. Jimmy's parents came from Oregon, my parents came from Idaho, 2 of Jimmy's sister's and their families came from Texas and Oregon. My 2 sisters and brother and his family all came too. Our neighbors, the Burt's also came (they aren't moving anymore- YEAH!!) Kali looked so pretty in her white dress and when she changed into the jumpsuit to get baptised she looked so clean and pure. Jimmy got choked up a bit as he said the baptismal prayer. The spirit was really strong and it was so neat watching Kali come out of the waters. We quickly changed her back into her dress and came out for the confirmation of the Gift of the Holy Ghost. In the prayer Jimmy blessed her to be a leader, to learn and study the gospel, to do as she has been taught by those who love her, and to have high standards when choosing a mate to take her to the temple. It was a very nice blessing.

We went to the park and had a brunch. There was lots of fresh fruit, yogurt, muffins, juice and breakfast casserole. There was a fun game of football played and the younger kids were entertained at the park. It was a nice day and at the end of it I was tired!

On Sunday we had great meetings at church- I've been out of town for a few weeks so it was nice to be back in our ward again. Jimmy, Jay and I all bore our testimonies and I hope our kids felt the spirit. They don't seem like they are paying attention but I think they do listen when they hear our voices over the sound system.

I went on an Alaskan Cruise with some of my family and once I get some pictures from it (Ken & Steph had the cameras) I'll post some details.

Here are some pictures from Saturday
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=27419&l=8f640&id=691978396

(we signed up for facebook this weekend so if you have a facebook account let's be friends ;)

2 comments:

Lacey said...

What a special day for your little family. I know I haven't seen you around much. If you still want to start weight traning in the morning let me know. I 'm getting ready for a 1/2 marathon in October.

Kar said...

Hooray for blogs! This is my favorite way to stay in touch with friends. Come to my blog sometime! www.karlennandben.blogspot.com. I'm excited to keep in touch with you, too!!