Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bahama Mama


























After being gone for 5 days, I find myself doing a lot of catch up. I would like to spend some time recording all the happenings while we were in the Bahamas but since I know my time is limited, I'll just give a quick run down and check it off my to do list.

Last year, Jimmy had a great year with Office Depot and so he made it to the Champions Circle where they arrange a reward trip for all those who made it. This year the trip was to the Bahamas at the Atlantis Resort. Even though I am very pregnant (34 weeks) my Dr. gave me the OK to go. Yeah!
The resort was amazing! The water was beautiful. The weather was excellent! The rest and relaxation was needed and the company was great. The resort was huge so we did a lot of walking! I didn't take the best shoes for that- no heels but the flip flops just weren't very good for all the walking. There was a fun lazy river that wasn't very lazy. It had rapids throughout. But not too crazy that I couldn't enjoy it. Jimmy had fun on the slides- some of his friends from work were there so they ran around hitting the slides. We also went snorkeling one day and Jimmy went deep sea fishing with some of the guys. I sighed a breath of relief when our airplane touched down back in the US. I saw what the hospital/clinic looked like on the Bahamas Island we were at and I was so glad we didn't need to go there.
As great as it to get away, it is always so nice to come back home to our sweet kids. It's wonderful to get a break from all the parental duties and makes me more excited to be around them. I'm so glad I got to have this experience with Jimmy and so glad he has a job right now!

10 comments:

Kar said...

You lucky, lucky girl! That looks fantastic! Perfect for a little last month of pregnancy pick-me-up. I'm glad you didn't deliver while you were down there, either! My mom got a kidney stone while in the bahamas, and it was not a pretty picture.

Elizabeth said...

Glad you guys had such a fun getaway. It is always great to have a break from parenting! I can't wait to see pictures of the little guy when he makes his debut. Best of luck with all of that.

Cecily R said...

Oh, I'm so glad you had such a great time!!! You look so SO good for being about to pop. I'm jealous!! :)

anjie said...

wow! Looks like fun! You look great. Ever thought of doing a belly cast?

I was about 37 weeks preggo in Hawaii once. Brian had won the trip through work too. Someone felt bad for me and asked how it was to be pregnant in Hawaii. I said, It's better than being pregnant at home!

Camile said...

Dear Bahama Mama,

Totally jealous!!

Pajama Mama

Kimberly Davis said...

SOOO jelous - your trip looked fabulous!!!!

Ryan and Ashley said...

I didnt know you guys went there, how fun! We want to go there someday. Have you decided what you are going to name the baby? We are so excited to meet him.

jg said...

O my, you are such a cute prego lady! Happy you had a great time you deserve it!!

Angela said...

Hey mom I would like to go to the
Bahamas that would be really fun.
I wish I went with you too the
Bahamas that would of been really
fun.Did you have a fun time at the
Bahamas? I hope you had a fun time!


love,kali

Tom and Misti Sherwood said...

I am glad you were able to go. I have been to the Bahamas before and loved it. I have always wanted to go to the Atlantis Resort. It looked amazing! I am glad you had a great time. I am still interested in the healing oils. April was a very busy month, we were out of town a lot. I guess now you will be having your baby soon. Good luck with everything!