Sunday, April 26, 2009

Redemption-

Well, I remade the jam on Friday. It turned out delicious! We've been having lots of toast and jam for the past few days. I didn't ever make the homemade bread that I was going to- maybe this week. After I dumped the salty jam, I figured I should have saved a couple jars for April Fools next year or for a church object lesson. Oh well!

It's the final countdown! We have less than 3 weeks until birth day! We are all getting really excited and I've finally started getting ready. My nesting instinct didn't kick in until this past week. I've got blankets washed and a couple of my neighbors have given me some little boy hand-me-downs so I've sorted and gotten those ready to go. I also bought the little newborn diapers and this week I'm going to make some baby wipes. I used to make them when Kali was a baby but haven't made them for several years. I'll post the instructions & recipe once I get it done. I love how well they work, how cheap they are and this time I am doing it with natural ingredients. (better for little baby's bum bum)

Last Sunday, my sister & bro-in-law, Camile & Aaron, blessed their baby, Aubree. She made the most yummy teriyaki chicken salad sandwiches for the luncheon after. Yesterday, I made it for us. (Jimmy and I both loved it so much when she made it) Here's where you can find the recipe. http://www.ourbestbites.com/2008/08/teriyaki-chicken-salad-sandwiches.html We went to a cooking class last summer at Macey's where these two girls from the website did a mango cooking class. It was fun- especially since I was there with two of my sisters and sister-in-law.

2 comments:

anjie said...

So soon! Now is a great time to make a belly cast. :) I'd be happy to help. Hope you are feeling well. What a wonderful time of the year to have a baby.

Kar said...

Girl, you are making me hungry - all this talk of strawberry jam, homemade bread, and teriyaki chicken salad sandwiches... I miss eating. (I'm on the slim fast diet. Puke.) A BELLY CAST? Seriously? People make those??? Anjanell is so funny.