Thursday, April 23, 2009

You've got to be kidding me!!

Today I went to Walmart and got a big crate of strawberries to make jam with. I haven't made it for a few years and Jimmy especially LOVES it. I got 4 boxes of the pectin so I just got finished making a huge batch! After doing the last step of stirring it for 3 minutes, I went to lick the spoon. I was expecting a sweet treat and instead I got a salty jolt! I added salt instead of sugar!! Maybe I could make some kind of strawberry vinegar dressing with it. Only problem it would probably make about 100 gallons with how salty this is. I was going to make some fresh whole wheat bread to spread the jam on. I've been craving it all day! But now I'll just clean up my mess and move on. Maybe I'll go to the store and get more pectin and try again tomorrow but for now I'm just going to sulk for a minute. If anyone has any ideas of what I can do with these salty strawberries, let me know!!

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

OH, that is so very sad! I would be sulking for a while too. Homemade bread and jam sounds delicious, I think you have inspired me!

Ryan and Ashley said...

OHHH NOOO that is so sad, I loooove strawberry jam.

Janel Ruzzi said...

I have no idea what you can do with salty strawberries, but I'm sorry for you! It totally sounds like something I would do!

Camile said...

Oh man!!! Well, one thing you can do is blog about it (which you have already done). That always makes things a little better because you get the sympathy of friends! And you have it documented so you can read about it years later and have a good laugh. :)

p.s. I talked to both Brookie and Steph about the bridal shower so I'll call you about it.

Sharlynn said...

That is awful. I am so sorry especially since it is something you have been craving. Too bad that you aren't craving salt.

Kar said...

That is so funny! That is something I would have totally done. Dang!! I wish I could figure out something else for you to do with salty strawberries. :)