Sunday, September 20, 2009

Now and Then

Since weddings and anniversaries have been on my mind lately, I thought I'd post these funny pics of Steph trying on Jen & I's wedding dresses last year. Jen got married in 91- her dress cracks me up now. Jimmy and I got married in 97 and mine isn't much better. We were laughing so hard when Steph tried them on. Camile's dress is still looking like it could be worn today. I wish I would have taken a picture of it too. Anyway, my mom has a closet full of 3 wedding dresses, slip and veils. I think that's part of the reason my mom pushed for Steph renting hers. What do you do with an old wedding dress anyway? It could be neat to make a blessing dress out of- but too late for that now. (maybe my grandbabies)Jen's dress- (love the collar)

My dress

2 comments:

Janel Ruzzi said...

I don't think there are too many "timeless" wedding dresses out there. :) My mom has had to re-make her own wedding dress 3 times now though (for each of my sisters to wear as their temple sealing dress), so I guess she did well when she picked out the pattern for her wedding dress. :)

Kar said...

That cracks me up. I borrowed my wedding dress, and I'm so glad I did!! Nat bought hers, and it sat there for years.