Monday, May 4, 2009

Pampering

Along with trying to get things ready for baby this past week. I've also treated myself to a little pampering. My neighbor, Nikki, is a massage therapist & esthetician. She is running a Mother's Day Special through May for $20 off any hour or longer massage. I splurged and had her massage me for 90 minutes. Ahhhhh, it was wonderful. I skipped going to the spa at the Bahamas a month ago because I knew how good of massages Nikki gives and the price is great! Here's her number if anyone is interested. (801)694-0939, (801)494-6229 (I actually just had her wax my eyebrows today and it feels like a mini facial for my eyebrows.)

Last week, I had my life long friend, Kara, Zone my feet. She lives in Eagle Mountain and I love having her Zone me. She helps people with all kinds of health and emotional problems. It is relaxing to me (for some people it's not though) and I go away feeling balanced and full of energy. (not bad for someone who is about ready to pop!) It takes about an hour and she charges $30- here's her number for anyone who is interested (801)789-6989, (801)631-3123.

After all this pampering, I am feeling great. I'm 38 weeks 4 days and I went to the Dr. today. I'm 1.5 centimeters dilated and 60% effaced. I was hoping for at least a 2 but at the same time I still have plenty I can do around here before the little guy comes. I think he is in no hurry to make his appearance. We'll see though, things can change quickly.

Speaking of plenty to do I need to get busy again!

4 comments:

anjie said...

I would love to hear more about what Kara does. How interesting.

Glad you are feeling well!

Camile said...

I think I would like to get "zoned" too. I definitely need energy. Can zoning give you extra patience with kids as well? :)

I'm glad you're getting your pampering in.

Can me and the girls come visit you this week if the babe doesn't come? We could maybe work on the shower invites. We're all healthy at this moment in time...miracle!

jg said...

happy that you got all the pampering, you need it!! Good luck, hope all goes well!

Kar said...

Oh, how nice to get those things right before your little man comes. I had a massage like a week before Micah came last year, and it was so great. What does it mean to be "zoned"? Are you talking about Kara C.?