Wednesday, May 13, 2009

He's here!!

After laboring at home for over a day, Jimmy and I went into the hospital on Monday morning at 6:30 am. After finding out I was dilated to an 8 (yeah!), I knew I could do the rest natural like I had been planning! This was my first time without an epidural so I wasn't sure what to expect. Jimmy was a huge support- giving me ice, encouragement, wiping my forehead with cold washcloths (I was so hot!!). At 8:33 Scotty Randall was born! What a great experience!! He weighed in at a whopping 8 lb. 13 ou. and 21 inches long! He is healthy and doing great! He loves to eat and loves to be held- which makes me pretty busy! Last night, we came home from the hospital. Both my parents are here, helping out with the kids, cooking, cleaning, and whatever else I need to make things go smoothly. It's so great to have to have them here!
Here's some pictures before Sophie dropped our camera and broke it! Whoops!



11 comments:

Jess said...

He is adorable. Congratulations!! I can't believe you did it natural...willingly. Good for you!!! I bet your kids want to hold him all the time!

Camile said...

You are AWESOME Ang!

I can't wait to meet him! Love you!

Sharlynn said...

Congrats! I am glad the delivery went the way you wanted it too. He is a cutie. Good luck with everything.

anjie said...

Way to go!!!! I can't wait to hear more. He looks great! Get a new camera soon so we can see more of him. :)

Charlotte said...

How amazing you are to go through that without an epidural! Way to go! Congratulations, Hope you are getting a little sleep!

Ryan and Ashley said...

He is sooo cute! Congrats! We cant wait to meet him in June.

Cecily R said...

Congratulations Ang! He's beautiful and you look WAY too good after delivering, let alone a baby that big and NATURALLY! Super Mom you are!

Janel Ruzzi said...

He is very cute! I am so impressed that you gave birth naturally by choice- way to go! Sophie looks very happy to be a big sister. She is such a cutie!

jg said...

soo cute!! Hope you are doing well

Lacey said...

Wow! That's amazing that you went all natural. Congrats!!

Kar said...

Oh my gosh, Ang! He's beautiful! He looks so healthy! Congratulations! How horrible you had a full day of labor before going in. With Micah, I was having horrible contractions for 36 hours, but they weren't close enough together! I'm grateful for the progress those contractions make, but it's so frustrating!!!!