Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I love this stage!


The newborn stage passes so quickly. My sister, Camile, had a baby in Feb. and Aubrey looks so big next to Scotty. It's crazy how much they change in even a few months.


I love.....

-how he melts in my arms. He is so soft and smells so sweet.

-the little faces he makes while he sleeps. He puckers, smiles, frowns, & opens his mouth.

-how he stares at me.

-how he fights to open his eyes or keep them open.

-how frantic he gets trying to find his milk.

-how peaceful he looks when he sleeps.

- how he can go from calm to whaling in less than 3 seconds

-his hands when they flail out when he's startled

-when he finishes eating and has milk around his mouth and a look of contentment

-the sweet calm and wonderful spirit of love he's brought into our home.


He had a Dr. appt yesterday at 1 week old. He weighs 8 lb. 13 ou. again. He's been a great little eater and has a cute little double chin to show for it. Despite lack of sleep, I am so happy and feel great.


I told Jimmy I want him to just stay little like this. When they get older they want to look around and push off of you instead of cuddle. I love to hold him and watch him. This stage goes by so quickly- I just wish it would last a little longer.

9 comments:

Camile said...

Amen to all of it!!!

Love the newborn stage.

And now that Bree is out of the newborn stage I'm loving that too - the smiles and babbling!

anjie said...

It does go by so fast!! Love what you wrote.

Janel Ruzzi said...

So true-- the newborn stage is unique.

Sheree said...

Holding a new baby is therapy! He is so adorable and that little outfit is the cutest ever!

Kimberly Davis said...

I'm so envious...he is so sweet, I have something for you, and at 8 lbs I better get it in the mail soon! So happy for your family!

Sharlynn said...

I agree. They are so sweet. I think that is one reason why I keep on having babies. Enjoy!

Kar said...

Oh, I LOOOOOOOVE newborns. Whenever I see one, I get majorly baby-hungry again. Micah is in that phase now, where he wants to push off me and look around. But yet still wants to be held. Sigh. Toddlerhood is not nearly as fun as newbornhood.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke S said...

Angela,
Congrats on the new little man... He is so adorable... I haven't seen you forever... Hope all is well.. Miss playing with you all...

Hugs
Brooke

p.s. sorry for the post under Andrew I didn't sign out or my son's account