Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A is for Aspiring Pianist, Sophie

In the fall of 2010, Sophie started taking classes from Melanie Johnson. It's a program called Let's Play Music. Her teacher is amazing and I am so happy with all that Sophie has learned this past year and a half. Last year, they did lots of singing, games & playing their bells. It looked like they were just having a ton of fun but they were actually learning! This year they have started playing the keyboard. I go to class with her once a month (last year it was every other time) so I can keep up with what they are learning and how to help her. I am excited to be learning along with her. Maybe I will be a pianist after all. (since I don't remember hardly anything from when I took piano as a kid) So sad....


The picture above is at their year end recital last year.

0 comments: