Thursday, December 22, 2011

R is for Rosie our new Black Kitty



Our neighbors had a litter of kittens in the spring. Sophie was over their every day holding them. She kept telling us they were for sale for free. We decided we weren’t going to get one until my neighbor sent me a picture of Sophie holding one of the little black kitties. Melted my heart.

So we let her buy it for free.

Kali and Conner were kind of bugged. They wanted a dog. But now Rosie is very well loved and adored. Kali has her sleep in her loft bed with her almost every night. Sophie carries her around like a baby. (and so does Jimmy) Scotty picks her up and then drops her back down.



She was the inspiration for Sophie wanting to have a kitty party this year.

When we go out of town we let her be an outside Kitty with our neighbors cats. (her mom and sister are still there) It's been great having that option. Since the weather has gotten colder, she has been not wanting to go outside though.

I had a kitty, Paws, when I was younger and I loved how she would burrow down in my covers at night and sleep by my feet. I would try and dress her up in doll clothes and feed her bottles. (that didn't work too well) She got hurt one night and her tail was broke when she came home so we had it amputated. She had just a short stub left- she looked like a bob cat. So I guess that's part of the reason I had a soft spot in my heart when Sophie wanted this kitty so much.

We're all glad she's part of our family now!

0 comments: