Friday, October 17, 2008

Belated Birthday Party

With soccer, scouts, my Freaky Friday Enrichment activity and a huge Utah book report we finally manged to get around to Conner's 10th birthday party. We went to the Classic Fun Center in Sandy to skate. We ordered pizza when we got there and Conner and his two friends he brought went off to skate. Camile, Aaron, Carly & Ellie came, along with Gina and Emma (and her cousin Gracie). Steph and Braint came too. I brought some colored hairspray and my face painting stuff- the boys weren't interested but the girls were excited to get butterflies and princess faces. My camera ran out of batteries so I have no pictures of Conner and his friends just the girls.
Emma and Sophie's butterfly faces (Sophie has a mouthful of pizza) Carly with her princess face.


Now I need to brag about Conner for a minute. Conner sure is a joy to have around. I hear from his scout leader, primary teacher and school teacher what a nice kid he is. They tell me he listens well and is such a good example and calming influence on the other kids. That sure is nice to hear. He is such a great brother- when he's not fighting with Kali they are great playmates. I told them last night if they wanted to rent Rollerblades they were going to have to use their own money. Kali started throwing a fit that she didn't have any money (she spent it all at the book fair) and Conner came over and told me he had enough that Kali could borrow some. He loves to be with Sophie. After Christmas 2004, he told me for Christmas next year he wanted a new baby in our family. (Sophie was born Dec. 2005!) He has been such a help with Sophie and it gives me a glimpse of what a great dad he is going to be. He also likes to cuddle with me- especially in the mornings and at night. I need to take advantage of that while it lasts. He is also very driven- he excels at whatever he puts his mind to. He's been on a competitive soccer team for the past couple years and it sure is fun to watch him. He's fast and great with his feet! He is a wonderful son and I feel so blessed to be his mom.

2 comments:

Mark and Jamie Elison said...

I can't believe you found our blog! It has been so fun looking at your blog and seeing your darling family! Before Mark knew what I was looking at I showed him a picture of you and asked him, "Can you guess who this is?" Then I gave him some hints. We both knew her. We went to high school with her. You asked me out for the first time at one of her parties. Then he got it. We looked through the blog and he totally knew it was you. He still doesn't think that the first picture looked like you but the rest of them did. It was fun seeing your blog and all the cute pictures of your kids!

Kar said...

Ang, Conner sounds so great! What a nice little boy! I wish my oldest was like that. Sigh. I especially covet that he likes to cuddle with you. What a sweetheart.