Monday, October 13, 2008

First Indoor Workout

Since the kids have went back to school, Sophie and I have been going on walks (sometimes jogging) every morning and then we stop by the park and I let her play for awhile. I usually go with one of my neighbors and then there are other neighbors at the park when we get there. It's so fun to visit and the kids have a blast playing. It feels so good to be in the sunlight and breathe the fresh air.


Well, over the weekend it snowed! It all melted but this morning their was frost on the ground. It's too cold to take Sophie out when it's like this. So today I went down to the basement to work out on my Elliptical. Jimmy was down there for part of the time on the treadmill and we watched Ellen together. I put on a show for Sophie on the main floor and left the basement door opened so she could come down if she wanted to. She was only upstairs for about 10 minutes by herself before she came down and started playing with her train set and then she stole my water bottle.

After my workout I came upstairs and on the entry closet door she had done some artwork with purple marker! She was only alone for 10 minutes!! Ahhhh! I am going to miss having her strapped in a stroller while I workout. I may have to get up early to do my workouts before she's awake- I've been so spoiled! But it is supposed to warm up this week so we may get to go outside to workout and do our park dates a few more times. Can't it stay warm for just a couple months longer?? I love the mild fall weather- I wish it would just stick around!

6 comments:

Camile said...

I know! It's so sad that we only had nice fall weather for like a week! Spring and Fall need to last a lot longer - I'm not sure I'm ready for winter.

p.s. I love the art work :)

anjie said...

Oh Man! Did it wash off? One of mine drew with a pen on the door and I can't get it off.

Reese said...

Angela-Hey! I just saw a link to your blog from Nicole P. Cute family. So fun to see your kids and what you are up to. I haven't really figured out the facebook thing so I love it when I find people who blog. So, just wanted to say Hi.

Angela said...

I used the "magic eraser" and got it almost all the way off along with some other scuffs that I've been meaning to get around to. I'm happy to say that the last two days there have been no new artwork on the walls while I'm busy working out.

Janel Ruzzi said...

Isn't it amazing how fast children can be destructive? I am glad you were able to remove the "artwork". I had been walking my kids to school occaisonally since school started with Charlotte in a stroller, but I haven't done it until Monday since the snow and frost. I don't like the feeling of my nose hairs freezing while I am walking! Like you I do have an elliptical in my basement, but the fresh air is so nice!

Kar said...

Oh, I feel your pain. It's really hard to work out when my kids are awake. I feel like I have to get off the treadmill like twenty times per workout to intervene, punish, etc. I tried to work out in the mornings, before Micah's first feeding and before getting Sadie up and ready, hair done, and to preschool, which means I had to get up at 4:30 a.m.! That lasted for about three days. And then I decided that I value my sleep more than I value my solitude.